Monday, April 15, 2013

DIY: Galaxy Shoes

My friend, Chelsi San Pedro, contacted me to dye her shoes. I asked her what kind of design. She told me to made it a "galaxy" style. So, I was like shock. I've never dyed a shoes before. It's my first time. I have no background on it. Anyway, so that's it, I told her that I cannot assure her that it would be perfect. I did not used Youtube for tutorial so it is very hard to do. Hahaha :) But fortunately, the outcome was a little bit surprising. Chelzo liked it and she told me that she's super excited to wear it. I will teach you how to dye a shoes. So all you just need are:
 1. Dyes. Color violet, red and blue (not in the picture lol)
 2. Spray bottles.
 3. Cups and sticks.
4. And your white shoes.

PROCEDURES:
1st Step: Boil a water. Hot water is perfect for mixing in dye. After boiling a water, mix your dye and add 1 tablespoon of  salt in every color. Your dye will last long in your shoes if you will add salt.
2nd Step: Wait for your dye to cool down. After, put it in your spray bottle. Put it by labeling a color. You must first spray the color VIOLET. After violet, next one is the RED. After red, next is BLUE.
The outcome will be like this. Don't spray too much. If you will spray too much, the colors will just mix and it will not look like a "galaxy".
3rd Step: After spraying the dyes, get a correction liquid or also known as "touch and go" (I forgot to took a picture on it). Sprinkle it all over the shoes. The correction liquid will be your "stars".
The overall outcome will be like this. Hope you like it :)

I ALSO MADE A RAINBOW DYED SHOES

XOXO, Dina G. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...